Saturday, April 17, 2010

Everyday we ask "Why, why, why?"

Okay, you can all dry your eyes, I have returned to the internet after a 17-day hiatus. And oh the updates I have. The day after my last post will forever be marked in history as The Day It All Went Wrong or the epic April Fools Disaster. It started off with some harmless boot-hiding and lunch swapping which escalated as the victims plotted against the perpetrators. It ended with a mattress thrown outside over the side of a hill and an expensive ring missing and nobody willing to take credit. Shouting and threats ensued and 3 members packed up and left for Perry Point for disciplinary hearings. Eep.
And then of course there is me being me and getting hit in the back of the head with a log I was carrying with Kenny.

Don't ask how this happened, I have no flippin clue. I am just that coordinated, I assure you.
I rock at life-4 stitches and I couldn't wash my hair for 5 days, ew.

We recently were informed that the if we write any of our sponsors' company names that they have programs that e-mail them to let them know they were mentioned on the internet. So I would hereby like to formally welcome the representatives of AmeriCorps NCCC, For Love of Children Outdoor Education Center, and Mason Neck State Park to my blog. I hope you enjoy it and I love you all.

And now I feel the need to preface this with the disclaimer that this may sound derogatory towards Mason Neck, but really, it's just funny.

3 members of my team (1 being myself) independently began calling our work site "The Plantation" which has spread like wildfire and been officially adopted by the whole team. A) We're in Virginia. B) There is no shade in this field. C) We're chainsawing dead trees wearing thick chaps over thick pants, helmets with face shields and earmuffs and thick leather gloves. Mmmm sweat. D) It was 80 degrees at least all that week. This name is deserved.
Even so, our scale "Tiny" insists that none of us are losing weight. I doubt the rice & beans we ate on Sunday are contributing to this problem. The pizza our sponsor bought us for lunch after walking in on us eating the aforementioned rice & beans for supper might be a reason...

Andddd I'm out of time, out of stories, out of my mind.

1 comment:

  1. OW. omg, that stiches thing looks painful. And gross.Especially not washing your haif for four days if you're in 80 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete