Sooo my plan to lose weight because I’d have more limited resources for buying food during AmeriCorps has failed miserably. I’m eating better than I have in years (sorry ma…). Apparently a huge number of people my age do, in fact, know how do cook and are only too happy to exchange this service for me cleaning up after. CURSES!! So let’s hope PT will do something to make up for this miscalculation.
Speaking of PT---
Here we have a story involving two of my favorite things: proving my ineptitude during exercise classes and inappropriate laughter. Now, I think I can guess what you are anticipating, but no, I did not fart at any point during the work out. Just so you know.
Continuing on, our PT has everything- stretches, jumping jacks (which we call side straddle hops…???), push-ups, sit-ups, “ameri”-squats, flutter kicks, and for a finale some weird bicycle twist things. It was during this final exercise that I finally broke down. The instructor started counting double time and I had absolutely no hope of keeping up so instead I busted into hysterical laughter because, in my opinion, of the absurdity of the task that had been set us. The team leaders near me were either not paying any attention to my not-so-silent convulsions or inclined to agree with the sentiment that the pace set was too ridiculous to take seriously at 7 am. I’m fairly certain it’s the latter. They seem to have a good sense of humor.
Speaking of Team Leaders---
“I don’t know the politically correct way to say this…but my crotch is a magnet for food.” –Josh, my team leader (Raven 5 ftw!)
Speaking of politically correct---
I promised to inadvertently offend someone, and people, I am true to my word. I was having a conversation with a large group and at one point turned to the person next to me to lament over the fact that it was going to be hard to replace our temporary teams once we got our permanent placements because my current teammates were so open and never insulted by anything I said. I continued that I hated when people were overly sensitive and got offended easily. She gave me a nervous half smile, turned to someone else and hasn’t spoken to me since...
If you are in charge of the child friendly spaces, can the Apocalypse be far behind?
ReplyDeleteYeah right, like I believe that you didn't fart once during sit-ups.
ReplyDelete