I had all the best intentions to clean my room and pack my stuff up so that when I need to move my stuff next November it would be a simple process...right. Instead I decided that my mom would have the same taste in decor for her new office as I had for my bedroom. I mean, sure, she may not be as big a fan of my Feckin Irish Whiskey poster as I was, but she's bound to enjoy the life-size Donkey from Shrek I have set up in the corner. He's endearing really. And to distract her from her work she'll be able to peruse all my textbooks that were too old to sell back, not to mention gaze nostalgically upon the devil mask I made in 3rd grade which has always creeped the hell out of her. And in return for my generous offer to leave my possessions exactly where they are for my family to remember me fondly by, I fully expect them to be unceremoniously packed into boxes that will take me years to sort through. (See how I'm getting my family to pack for me? Win!)
In conclusion, though I may not be ready in the technical sense (psh...packing will take half an hour tops) I am about as ready as I always am. I never prepare for anything because I am, above all, lazy. What if I prepare for something that doesn't happen?? What a waste of time. So instead I've developed a laid back system where I have absolutely no expectations and react to things as they come. It reduces stress like you wouldn't believe. It also makes your reactions more honest, which can be rather enlightening, and at times...amusingly inappropriate.
So with that I'll leave you with this:
"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity..." -Gilda Radner
Which of course my mother will enjoy hanging up in her office next to Mel Brooks' immortal words- "Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."

Or instead of unceremoniously packing hojo's things into boxes, her family could maintain her room intact as a shrine to her absence, and let her deal with her stuff when she returns!
ReplyDeleteack! no me gusta
ReplyDelete